Québec Bikepacking Traverse
Project in creation - learn more here and participate!
An uncomparable adventure
Go across Quebec through the less explored roads. Discover the forestry and maritime heritage of La Belle Province. Meet with the people that built that nation. Relish the protected landscape of our national parks. Test your abilities on a diverse itinerary. Participate a this project to put Bikepacking on Quebec's map and attract bicycle travelers towards us.
From Rouyn-Noranda to Percé
3 050 kilomètres
11 touristic regions
10 parc nationaux
8 wildlife reserves
14 zones d’exploitation contrôlée (zecs)
The interest about the project keeps growing
50% of the QcBT is now verified
Different ways of taking advantage of the website maps
Biking and camping in national parks, wildlife reserves zecs, unoccupied territories... what are the differences?
It's the first completed segment
It's a project which each individual fan of bikepacking can participate in order to create the best itinerary possible to make Quebec a prime destination.
Interested? Participate to the discussions and help build this project.
A flexible adventure
The Québec Bikepacking Traverse (QcBT) is divided in 8 Segments, to be easily done by sections and adapt to travelers' time constraints.
The QcBT aims to be the spine of a bikepacking network in Québec
Many Connectors link the main route with urban centers. Moreover, some Shortcuts reach an other segment of the route. In the future, some Extensions and Loops will make the adventure last longer.
It's not about linking A to Z, but live all the letters on the way
- Make Quebec become a bikepacking destination
- Link many Quebec regions on a continuous rideable itinerary, prioritizing unpaved roads
- Unveil the appeal of Quebec's national parks
- Showcase Quebec's wildlife reserves as well as the zones d’exploitation contrôlées (zecs)
- Promote campground's label “Bienvenue Cyclistes!”
- Highlight the beauty of our forests, lakes, rivers, mountains and hidden landscapes
- Faire connaître des villages autrement loin des circuits touristiques traditionnels
- Outline our regional history and culture
- Faire participer la communauté de passionné.e.s lors de l’élaboration du projet
- Publish the Québec Bikepacking Traverse and its network
Bikepacking doesn't replace bicycle touring. Bikepacking venture more on remote roads, less on paved roads. Like a backpacker with its backpack, the bikepackers travel with a minimal equipment discovering nature, people... and themselves.
LAUNCH THE PROJECT
Winter 2020. Launching of bikepacking.quebec ainsi que des segments GPS de base du Québec Bikepacking Traverse.
JOIN THE COMMUNITY
Winter and Spring 2020. Reach bikepacking passionates to participate to forums to improve the itinerary and prepare the verification.
VERIFY AND UPDATE
Summer 2020. Go on the roads. Verify the feasibility of the routes. Cueillir l’information sur l’état des routes, campings, attraits et prise de photos.
PUBLISH AND PROMOTE
Automne 2020 et +. Colliger l’information et la publier sur le site. Étoffer les infos pratiques. Ajouter des tronçons à l’itinéraire. Devenir la référence pour le bikepacking au Québec.